Wow July is almost over!
Where did the time go?
And Fall is just around the corner! You know what that means? Fall sweaters, tall boots, scarves, adorable fun hats, pumpkin lattes, piles of leaves, apple crisp, cider & BEARDS!
Help your man embrace his love of oils this FALL. Happy Oiling to all those handsome bearded men with super smart oily obsessed ladies! You can now let the fall beard growing commence! 🙂
AND MEN…if your reading this, forward it on to your wife so she can spoil you with some homemade presents!
Summer is already half over, I think I will start crying now! In the mean time I am going to eat as much fresh fruits as possible and comfort myself with this yummy raw butter, perfect to dip into fruit! It totally tastes like a variation of nutella, so I dare you to eat some on a piece of grilled or toasted ciabatta bread! Please do, eat it for me, since I can’t!
Oh, oh or you could also make a strawberry, cashew butter pound cake panini! Oh boy, now that sounds like heaven. Slice your pound cake into 1/2 inch slices, spread my raw cashew butter on each side, add sliced strawberries, put the two slices together like a sandwich, grill until toasted on a grill or a panini griddle….hmmmmm yum!
But if you are gluten free or avoiding really unhealthy refined baked goods like fresh pound cake, dipping strawberries or any fruit for that matter into this divine dip is just as good if not better! And either way it will be the perfect crowd pleaser at any party! This butter is made from raw ingredients, uncooked and full of healthy fats and anti-oxidants! Seriously a guilt free treat!
What you need:
- 1 cup cashews, soaked (I used raw, unsalted)
- 1/3 cup raw honey or pure maple syrup (combo of one or any), to taste
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder (I use Dagoba or Navitas Naturals)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 drop cinnamon essential oil
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes (unsweetened & soak for 2 hours to soften)
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- Soak your cashews and coconut in a bowl in filtered water for 2-4 hours until soft.
- Add all ingredients into a high power blender, or food processor, blend until smooth and creamy texture
- place in a bowl to serve immediately with fresh cut fruit, or place in jars to store in fridge until needed. Use within 1 week (huh that should not be to hard as you will literally want to eat it by the spoonful!)